3 top tips for a good golf swing
Do you know how to getting a good golf swing? If the answer is noWe have prepared for you a complete article with all the details you need to know!
After these tips, we will also give you the opportunity to put your new skills into practice on our golf breaks in Barcelona and other parts of the world.
We have asked the most experienced golfers in this elegant sport, and to sum it up, these are the most important ones three top tips we have collected, accompanied by the best tutorials on the internet, with some extra information and external sources, in case you want to know more:
1. Perfect grip
The club is your working tool in golf, your only way of getting the ball to move, and therefore your control over it must be PERFECT.
In order to achieve a good swingThe first thing you need to do is to learn how to hold the club correctly, so that you always get the results you expect in your game.
The default grip position of a driver for the best golf swing (the most recommended to start with) is:
- Hold the stick at waist height next to you.horizontal to the ground. Square the club face.
- Grab the stick with your left hand and stretch your fingers. Align the handle of the stick with the palm of your left hand, so that it forms a diagonal line across your fingers.
- Close your hand around the stick. Make sure the heel of your left hand rests on the top edge of the handle.
- Turn your hand to the rightuntil you can see two knuckles. This is a neutral grip, from which you can start working on your own style of play.
- Hold the stick in your right hand.The thumb and forefinger should form a V when you close your right hand, pointing to the centre of your sternum. Your thumb and forefinger should form a V when you close your right hand, pointing to the centre of your sternum.
If you want more details, here are some more great tips from the trainer Martin Hallon Golf Channel:
2. Natural position
In golf, it is not only important how you handle the club, but also how you swing it. how the rest of the body behaves.
To get the best results, your body has to accompany the swing, and to do this well you have to take into account both the position as the movement.
So, first of all, you need to make sure you are in a safe and secure environment. preparation position natural. This is how it is achieved:
- Knees slightly bent, never straight.
- Align your legs with the width of your shoulders.
- Align the upper spine, knees and toes.
- Never bend at the waist, use your hips instead.
- If you want to turn, you should always do so with more weight on your dominant foot, to improve your side of the court.
By following these tips you will have the most power and control over your strength and muscles, so your drive will be near perfect. Here is a complementary video with Todd Kolb, US Golf TV golf instructor who will show you how to achieve the perfect stance:
To conclude on the related issue of natural movementRemember to always maintain a more or less natural posture during the swing. It's actually easier than it looks, especially if you follow the movements that the instructor demonstrates in the following video:
3. Controlling the club face
In this sport, you do not need to hit harder than others, but you must control your ball better than anyone else to win. Therefore, the important thing here is that you can know how your shot is going to turn out.
To achieve this, the best thing you can do is to also work on the POST FACE. The club face is a very underrated factor that greatly affects both the direction and the curve the ball will take as it travels down the course.
To control the clubface and keep it square, you need to keep an eye on the orientation of your left handThe clubface will be the one that decides which way the clubface is facing. To practice, you can do what is shown in the following video and even wear some kind of indicator, which will help you to always know which way the clubface is facing while you are practising.
How can I improve my golf swing?
If you want to master everything that has been discussed here today, you will need some practice with your GOLF SWING. First of all, we recommend that you do some exercises, such as the ones that trainer Danny Maude:
If you want to learn a lot more about the golf swing, take a look at Golf Distillerywhere they have some of the best swing tips we have found.
Plus, to complement everything you've learned here, you can experience a complete beginner's lesson. You might like this complete golf lesson from Clay Ballard:
After or even while practising all these tips, you can take the opportunity to disconnect and do it while you travel to the best golf courses in the worldWe are currently offering you the PGA Catalunya Golf Stadium in Barcelona, and soon in other places such as Dubai.
Whether you are a company or a group of enthusiasts, we will be happy to assist you and personalise your experience in detail. Contact us without obligation. Now that you know how to get a good golf swingThe next golf courses will be a lot more fun!